Chantel’s seasonal menus – which change quarterly - are inspired by nature. She has travelled the world in search of inspiration and travels internationally at least twice a year to keep abreast of current trends. However, she is not a follower of ever changing food fancies and prefers to stay true to her vision of contemporary-classical cuisine and finds most of her inspiration from the great masters of Europe.
The food is based around Dégustation tasting menus, although it also offers a la carte.
Some of the old favourites from previous menus that guests keep coming back for:
- Earth and Clouds (sautéed mushrooms with creamy potato purée with black truffle foam - autumn 2010)
- Quail Tempura drizzled with Tamarind Syrup (autumn 2011)
- Norwegian Salmon Gravlax with Champagne Oysters and Fennel Salad and Wholegrain Mustard Vinaigrette (summer 2012)
- French “hamburger” Steak Tartare (spring 2009)
- Colours of Caviar (autumn 2012)
- Fantasy Forest (summer 2011)
- Composition of Tomato (summer 2008)
- Medley of the Sea (star-anise scented lobster bisque with dancing veils - winter 2008)