Monthly Newsletter- May/June
We are delighted to announce that Chantel has been invited to take part in an exceptional charity event which takes place in France in June.She will be cooking a four-course feast to be served at Château Bellefont-Belcier in Saint-Émilion with ChefFrançois Adamskiof Le Gabriel in Bordeaux. Wines will be presented by Hubert de Boüard of Château Angélus, Olivier Bernard of Domaine de Chevalier, Jacques Berrebi of Dominique Hébrard and Alain Laguillaumie of Château Bellefont-Belcier.
We are thrilled to be able to showcase to the French and other gastronomic luminaries just how South African chefs can perform on the international stage. Look out for a report back of the event in our next newsletter.
MOSAIC’S NEW WINTER MENU
The restaurant’s new winter menu will be launched just after the Winter Solstice on 22 June. It will feature a selection of truly South African ingredients such as impala with madumbi puree, homemade braun and bugu sauce and slow braised rabbit with marog. There is also a bit of a playful element to the menu.
Some of the old favourites from previous menus that guests keep coming back for are featured on the a la carte menu such as:
- • Earth and Clouds (sautéed mushrooms with creamy potato purée with black truffle foam – autumn 2010)
- • Quail tempura drizzled with tamarind syrup (autumn 2011)
- • Norwegian salmon gravlax with Champagne oysters and fennel salad and wholegrain mustard vinaigrette (summer 2012)
- • French “hamburger” Steak Tartare (spring 2009)
- • Colours of Caviar (autumn 2012)
- • Fantasy Forest (summer 2011)
- • Composition of tomato (summer 2008)
- • Medley of the Sea (star-anise scented lobster bisque with dancing veils – winter 2008)
Reservations are already open. We look forward to welcoming you and receiving your feedback.
CELEBRATING THE GOOD THINGS IN LIFE
As a celebration of the good things in life and as an introduction to our exciting new winter menu (see above) we have a fabulous winter special.
On Friday 22 &Saturday 23 June and again on Friday 29 & Saturday 30 June we have a special package.
Hotel Royal Suites at R 2000 per person, including five-course winter menu with wine pairing and continental breakfast.
Any other suite is R1750 per person, including five-course winter menu (excluding Wine Pairing) pairing and continental breakfast.
MOSAIC IN THE NEWS
We’ve been in a number of publications recently. Click here to see articles,
We look forward to welcoming old friends again and meeting new guests to Mosaic at The Orient.
- Warmest Mosaic regards
- Mari, Chantel and Junel